This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thisisglamorous.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

15.10.07

{blue-blooded}







I have never worn the colour blue.

I once wore a turquoise-coloured silk blouse, but I have never worn that deep, bold, royal blue and I've certainly never considered it as a décor possibility . . . That is, until recently.

The colour blue is believed to be the last colour to become visible to the human eye, yet it is the first primary colour from which all other colours are made possible. I've been inexplicably drawn to its richness and mystery, the way it reminds me of the sea after a summer storm, or the sky moments before nightfall . . .













































{Cuff by Tom Binns}




































{the ever-glamorous Bruna Tenorio for the Dsquared Spring 2008 RTW show at Style.com}



{images from top: barney's new york; bnodesign; g hotel in Ireland; the golden apple hotel}

10 | notes :

Suzy [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Great pics! I have never worn blue outside of my old school uniform, which was enough to turn me off for life....but I might be slowly coming round again...

LIBERTY POST EDITOR [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Blue is my favorite colour, but I rarely wear it. Weird ay? (that's Canadian for huh?)

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Thanks, Suzy--I'm not quite ready to run off to paint my walls blue, but I can imagine myself wearing that ruffled top . . .

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I know what you mean, Liberty--I'm a huge fan of pink and gold (especially together!) but rarely wear those colours either. Well, maybe gold jewelry :)

adrianna [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

You always have a way of putting everything together perfectly--thanks for introducing me to so many beautiful things.

LauraB [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I really love this post. Royal and French blue are my absolute favorite colors. I try to wear them whenever possible, you should too! It's very flattering to pretty much every skin-tone.

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Wow,thanks, Adrianna, for such a nice comment and you're welcome! Thanks so much for stopping by.

And thanks, of course, to you, too, Laura! The names Royal and French blue do sound lovely, don't they? You're the first person I've heard to wear these colours regularly and you've made a very good point about blue being flattering to most skin tones.

stljoie [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I recently saw a room painted lavender with rich blue furniture and it was gorgeous.

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

stljoie--that sounds like a great colour combination--completely unexpected, yet I'm sure it was beautiful.

Sabah [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Pictures 2 and 3: Gorgeous and very strong! Picture 4: A grandly blue and beautiful exterior. Picture 5: Splendid jewelry, fantastic in its blue tones! Picture 6: What's that model doing smoking so blithely on the runway in her see-through gown! Ah the life of a beautiful Woman of Leisure.

Nice post. Beautiful, bold and blue. Thank you as always for taking the time to so splendidly find and share.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in to say hello -- it's lovely to hear from you!

j u s t a f e w t h i n g s
Please note that due to the inordinate amount of spam, comments with links to other sites may not be published; all self-promotion & promotions of give-aways on other sites will not be published; additionally, please include your blog address in the box provided, and not in the body of your comment.

Thank you xo