This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thisisglamorous.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

7.1.08

{Christian Louboutin's countryside château}

Black soles are for widows, beige soles are for the Milanese, but red soles are for those who want to flirt and still have time to dance.”

The be-ribboned Louboutins that grace my sidebar and starred in a recent Christmas post caused a stir, not unlike the shoes' designer, Christian Louboutin, who has been causing a sensation in the fashion and design worlds since he opened his first boutique in 1992.

Born and raised in Paris, Christian Louboutin was a landscape gardener before opening his Right Bank, Paris boutique. The story of how Louboutin came to be a shoe designer has reached near mythic proportions, beginning with one fateful day as he passed by the Museum of Oceanic Art in Paris, where he noticed a sign that would forever change his life: an image of a stiletto heel crossed out by two thick lines reminding women who were visiting the museum not to scratch the wooden floors with their high heels. Not believing that something so beautiful could have such negative connotations, it is said that from this moment on, his fascination with shoes would grow into an obsession of sketching them in the hopes of one day bringing his sketches to life.

He once famously stated in an interview {style.com} that he created shoes for pure pleasure--"a shoe you can not run, you can not even walk--if you want to run in a shoe, buy a sneaker." Anyone who has ever teetered in a pair of his four-inch heels will concur that running is not an option! Louboutin has also been quoted as saying, "It is better to be graceful in flats, than not be able to walk in heels."

This remarkable designer has a trapeze installed in his office, considers Caroline of Monaco and Catherine Deneuve his friends, and Roger Vivier a mentor. He divides his time between his Left Bank, Paris apartment, a château in the French countryside, and an Egyptian retreat.

Here is a glimpse of Louboutin's
stunning countryside château . . .









{Christian Louboutin}

{all images from the official Christian Louboutin website; images 1-7 from German AD February 2007}

19 | notes :

melissa @ the inspired room [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Amazing, so interesting! I loved this post. Of course, I loved the shoes when you first posted about them! Yet, while I love glamorous shoes I must confess my favorite shoes of all time are hideously ugly. I think they are called Mephistos. Don't cringe, but they are a barfy brown suede. Ew! I know. Pathetic. I wore them all over Europe and now I reach right past all of my stylish dainty shoes for these ugly sensible ones almost every day. Horribly embarrassed by their lack of style, but happy as a clam when I can run up and down our three flights of stairs or on errands without breaking my neck. They keep my feet snug and cozy in the wet winter months. They are sturdy and have great traction. Do I sound like an old woman? I guess I am. If I could move along more quickly and not fall down in public places, I'd wear those shoes with red soles every day. Yes I would.
xo

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Hello Melissa! So great to hear from you and your comment was hilarious. And no, you're not old at all {happy, happy upcoming birthday, by the way!} and there's definitely something to be said for practical footwear, especially in the winter, and besides--it would most likely take all day to climb three flights of stairs in red soles :)

Joanna Goddard [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

GORGEOUS. he's really not roughing it, is he? :)

girl meets glamour [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Amazing!!! I esp love those tangerine walls in the first image!

~Kate

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Hello Joanna and Kate--Happy New Year to you both! Isn't the country house stunning? It's exactly how I had imagined--elegant, with deep, saturated colours.

Suzy [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Thanks so much for sharing!

blushing apples [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

hello dear! I am loving this post. Wish you all the best in 2008

All Things Bright and Beautiful... [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Dear Glamorous!

Its those orange walls that get me - Love it!

I must say - I'm afraid I'm in the functional department - when it comes to shoes.....

tho'

......I don't think I should be admitting this to the interiors, style and design universe!!

poppy [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

those plaques in the bathroom have me.

Meg [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

His house is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I love (and covet) his shoes.

And yet... my first thought upon seeing your lovely photos of the extremely beautiful chateau was that there is WAAAAY too much of a mark-up on his shoes if he's got a vacation house like that.

Mélanie [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Great post.
I love louboutin . I met him once in Marseilles , it was great to talk to hil . he is very easy going anf his chateau ...oulala I love it . I wish I could walk into it with my red sole shoes

Patricia Gray [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Absolutely beautiful home, just like his shoes.

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for your lovely comments, everyone! {And a Happy New Year to those I haven't yet spoken with.}

Blushing--welcome back and thanks for the New Year's wishes--the same to you, as well :)

Mélanie--very cool that you met him in Marseilles! He looks like he would be very down-to-earth, despite having such a spectacular country home.

annechovie [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Congratulations on the Washinton Post mention! That is great! You deserve it. Terry Sapienza is so nice - she sent me a very nice email after buying some things from my Etsy shop.

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Thanks so much, Anne! It was such a great surprise. That's wonderful that she bought some of your work--I'm sure she's thrilled with her purchases!

Style Court [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I really loved this post and was thrilled to be indirectly linked to it via the Washington Post!

Congrats and enjoy your weekend.
Courtney

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Thanks Courtney! And of course, congratulations to you as well! I was flattered to be mentioned alongside you!

Things That Inspire [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Wonderful post, so interesting! I have never seen a picture of Louboutin. I am seriously thinking about splurging on a pair of basic black Louboutins, so it is interesting to read about the man behind the legend!

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Thanks, TTI! And you really should pick up a pair of basic black pumps--they go with everything, and add instant glamour to any outfit.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in to say hello -- it's lovely to hear from you!

j u s t a f e w t h i n g s
Please note that due to the inordinate amount of spam, comments with links to other sites may not be published; all self-promotion & promotions of give-aways on other sites will not be published; additionally, please include your blog address in the box provided, and not in the body of your comment.

Thank you xo