This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thisisglamorous.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

5.12.07

{shelter me from the storm}

A few weeks ago, misplaced tickets to an art show and, in searching for them, discovered an enormous amount of magazines all over the place. Since then, have been searching for a contractor to build custom shelving to help keep things organized, but until then, shall have to dream up creative ways to keep the magazines from taking over our place . . .

. . . love the idea of using stacks of them for a bench or low shelf, made extra chic with a beautiful, rough wood plank

{p.s.} more storage ideas for past issues

{images: 1 - scan from Your Home as a Santuary; 2 - scan from Weekend Projects; 3 - via iCiNG}

11 | notes :

Joanna Goddard [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

those shelves at the top are beautiful.

love the idea for a bench, but wouldn't the magazines be a little slippery and unstable?

thanks for hte post! :)

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Joanna, I was thinking the same thing--the sensible side of me thought about the magazines slipping as well, yet it looks so beautiful, I thought, well maybe not to sit on, but for putting pretty things on top?

All Things Bright and Beautiful... [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I like the idea of interdispersing it with your clothes on the washing line !!!!!! :-) :-) :-)

Alkemie [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Love the glass coffee table in the first photo. I have so many books and magazines I don't know where to put them. What a clever idea for the bench!

Gee [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

my magazines are VERY rebellious! they refuse to stay in order...i shout no NO NO but they run away from me and stick their tongues at me.

katiedid [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I like the bench idea, and Lord knows I could use some creative ways to store my magazines!

Gala [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Hey! That's my apartment in the third picture! :O !

ALL THE BEST [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Very cool apartment gala! I was thinking the same thing as Joanna,but I LOVE the idea!

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Hello Gala! So glad you stopped by! I've had your place in a folder for ages and finally managed to finish this post.

Easy and Elegant Life [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Years ago, in another life, I used to summer on a lake in Michigan with my then in-laws. At one of family "cottages" the downstairs guest bathroom had been completely papered in New Yorker covers from the 40's and 50's. I thought it was wonderful, unexpected, and certainly entertaining.

mrsplainjane [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

All those pictures are beautiful! I esp. like the first one. Great ideas!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in to say hello -- it's lovely to hear from you!

j u s t a f e w t h i n g s
Please note that due to the inordinate amount of spam, comments with links to other sites may not be published; all self-promotion & promotions of give-aways on other sites will not be published; additionally, please include your blog address in the box provided, and not in the body of your comment.

Thank you xo