This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thisisglamorous.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

29.2.08

{storage solution: perfectly clear}

{image via alkemie}

The clear glass doors on Nicky Hilton's built-in {above}, remind me of
Liza Giles' French armoire {below} in her London flat. I quite like the idea of the transparent doors, which is similar to using library storage for pretty shoes and clutches, in which the items themselves become decorative, as opposed to being hidden away, adding dashes of colour and interest to a room.

{image from Elle Decoration, UK Edition October 2007 (NO 182), photography by James Merrell}

{image via emmas designblogg}

And while we're on the subject of closet space, I thought of Swedish stylist Sasa Antic's adorable and perfectly planned closet. While I might hesitate at the idea of pinching the tops of my leather boots with clips, I love the look of this space, and must admit that it's a pretty clever space-saving idea.

12 | notes :

Melissa @ The Inspired Room [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

All this open storage is so pretty. I cannot wait to make my "boutique closet"...(do I sound chic? LOL). I think that while I loved closed storage for ugly things like papers and junk, I do love the idea of colorful clothes, scarves and shoes being out in the open. I might wear more of what I have too if I could see it more readily!

Another charming post, dearest!

xoxo

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Thanks, Melissa! I've been post-crazy the past two days (instead of tackling the piles of work I have, I might add). I really like the idea of open storage as well, as it makes it a necessity to keep one's closets a little more organized and tidy, which, for me, would be a good thing.

Ondo Lady [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I just love the wardrobe on the Elle Deco cover. So cute, feminine and floaty. It is does not take up that much space but hold s a lot of stuff.

Brilliant Asylum [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

These examples are so lovely. I could never get away with the see-through closet doors. I wear way too much black for this too look colorful and fun.

Btw, was anyone else surprised at Nicky Hilton's use of pink plastic hangers? I can't say that I am a fan of these, but maybe I am being overly picky.

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Brilliant, I was wondering if someone would comment on the plastic hangers--I was thinking it was a pretty strange choice.

ALL THE BEST [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

It would certainly force me to keep my wardrobe organized! I think I'll stick with my wooden hangers Brilliant.

perfect bound [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

(Yes, I wonder if they are really pink crystal hangers or something just as insane.) I love the open storage look and agree that it would inspire me to buy less black! Plus, you would really look at your pieces differently, how they mix together, if they were on display like that all day. I love it! Reminds me of the old apartment I stayed at in florence.

Mélanie [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love it but it is defintly not for me as my closet hide my mess

marilisa [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

i really love this picture...really.
so nice.
kiss mary.
ps: i will link you on my blog

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Thanks, Mary--I've added you to my links as well.

Teal Chic [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love this! I've linked you to my blog, as I just love, love, love your page!!! That armoire is just beautiful!!! An interior design icon!

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Thanks, Teal Chic--I'll add you as well.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in to say hello -- it's lovely to hear from you!

j u s t a f e w t h i n g s
Please note that due to the inordinate amount of spam, comments with links to other sites may not be published; all self-promotion & promotions of give-aways on other sites will not be published; additionally, please include your blog address in the box provided, and not in the body of your comment.

Thank you xo