This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thisisglamorous.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

25.2.08

{french garden party}

{French metal garden furniture, Victoria}

It's official: I have Spring fever, and the desire to fill every room with large, bright, beautiful blossoms and French garden furniture and café chairs . . . I love the rustic appeal and vintage elegance it adds to a space, and of course, the feeling of bringing the outdoors in.

{1930's French stackable metal tub chairs, Living etc.}

{1930's French stackable metal tub chairs with brightly coloured cushions, Pamela Fritz; Victoria}

{mismatched café chairs, along with a fence fragment and a birdcage complete a dining room, again by Pamela Fritz; Victoria}

IMAGE0169

{Decorator Vesta Fort's home in New Orleans; Domino May 2006; photography by Paul Costello}

{café chairs and hanging lanterns create a perfect indoor retreat; Marie Claire Maison via automatism}

{An eclectic mix of rustic garden furniture,Victoria}

{Bistro chair as bedside table, Domino}

{Daffodil-yellow bedding and rustic garden furniture add a dash of country charm . . . Victoria}




























{stackable metal tub chairs via a mad tea party with alis}

































{French stackable metal tub chairs via
purple area}

24 | notes :

Alkemie [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Gorgeous Spread!! My favorite is the first photo - the white room with all of the pillows.

Kari & Kijsa [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

ooooooh! absolutely fabulocity...just wanted to stop by and say thank you for all the sweet birthday wishes...and fell in love with all your pictures...

Have a blessed and wonderful day...

smiles, kari (& kijsa)

Lori Langille [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

What a lovely and inspiring post! I think spring fever is contagious...

:-)

Easy and Elegant Life [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Café chairs, perfect! Dining al fresco from the comfort of your own "indoor retreat." Yes, I know they can be used inside (as shown so well here), but for me for some reason the word "café" is always preceded by "outdoor." Your Marie Claire photo makes me think of Hemingway's "clean, well-lit place." I wouldn't mind putting pen to paper in that room myself!

Cecilia [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I also caught spring fever by looking at this beautifully compiled post!

/cecilia

coco [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

ooooh this is giving me ideas
i love interiors, they were like my love before fashion, I'm going to have to save some of these pics I think

mrsplainjane [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love this whole post!! Esp. all the metal tub chairs, I'm contemplating doing them in our eating area, and this is great inspiration! All the bright pillows from the Victoria issue are gorgeous and fun for spring. In lust w/ that daybed!!

All Things Bright and Beautiful... [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Glamorous!

You didn't strike me as a A Victoria Magazine reader!

But, I am MOST pleased to see that you are:-)

If you have more old issues in your magazine stashes that you are using as legs for your coffee table :-) :-) :-)
(http://citified.blogspot.com/2007/12/shelter-me-from-storm.html)

Bring it on I say:-)

Hugs

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Hello everyone--thanks for all the comments.

Elegant--en plein air is definitely preferrable, but until Spring is finally in full bloom, café chairs in our own indoor retreat sounds just about perfect.

Coco--funny you should say that, as I've been re-discovering my fashion roots lately.

Mrs. Plain Jane--we'd love to see what you come up with for your dining room!

Felicity--the romantic in me likes a little Victoria now and then . . .

bandelle [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

It's amazing how rooms can totally transform with just a few pops of color. The first three photos are of fairly neutral colored rooms but a few accent pillows can make all of the difference. Great post!

Melissa Lewis [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Oh, I am so excited! I have never been to your blog before, stumbled upon it somehow. Love all of these pics. Oh, the white room with the yellow bedding. How lush! Makes me CRAVE spring weather with my windows open!

Cant' wait to come back to your blog for more!

Carolina Eclectic [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I have spring fever too. I'm tired of Houston's bitterly cold winter :)
I am crazy about those metal chairs!

CashmereLibrarian [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

A beautiful post, as the snow falls outside my office window . . .

Heather Taylor [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Welcome spring! This post makes me want to get on a plane to Paris pronto.

annechovie [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

OOOO, Rosaline, I love the cushions on the daybed - so cheery! I have this home saved in my favorite tearsheets, too. The colors are so perfect!

Ashley L. [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

what a gorgeous post! its full of beautiful colors! thanks for sharing all of your hard work! :)

Melissa Lewis [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I must have the light fixture in the second picture. It took me a moment to notice it, but the colors in it are absolutely gorgeous. So playful, yet so chic!

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Thanks everyone, for taking the time to stop by!

Melissa--thanks so much for your lovely comments, and I'm so happy you've found my blog. The light fixture in the second image is actually a near mint condition London market find.

Melissa @ The Inspired Room [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I am so happy when I see people that come to my blog popping over here to see all the beautiful stuff you post! These rooms are just gorgeous!

Love this!

xoxo
melissa

beachgrl [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I popped back here again to look at all the beautiful photos you post. I love them all, and the ones in this entry are so beautiful!

sarathira sukiman [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

that first photo is like a little drop of heaven! thank you so much for this post because im looking for inspirations for my coming party, you're such a help! :)

DreamsInPink [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

All these photos are so full of light, bright. They make you want to open a window! I especially love the French vintage outdoor furniture with pillows, so airy and romantic.

Rubyellen [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

that article from victoria magazine has always been my biggest inspiration! do you remember (or still have the magazine around) that you could let me know what year that was! I can't seem to find mine and would like to get another!

i loved this compilation!

Halcyon House [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Hi, I just found your blog...Absolutely LOVE!
I've been falling in love with the Tolix chair (metal tub chairs)and metal furniture in general for a while now. I've been meaning to blog about them, but you beat me to the punch (by only a couple of years--ha)!
I would love to have the Tolix chairs in my dining room (with my old barn wood farm table), although, I'm not sure if the hubby would be on board since all about comfort, not so much about style...I'll have some convincing to do.
Best,
Ashleigh
HH

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in to say hello -- it's lovely to hear from you!

j u s t a f e w t h i n g s
Please note that due to the inordinate amount of spam, comments with links to other sites may not be published; all self-promotion & promotions of give-aways on other sites will not be published; additionally, please include your blog address in the box provided, and not in the body of your comment.

Thank you xo