This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thisisglamorous.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

27.2.08

{random inspiration}

I instantly fell for the idea of using library storage as a sophisticated display case, because some shoes and clutches are little works of art and far too pretty to hide away. {For a sleeker alternative, I also found a similar style in stainless steel at an antique shop.}

A charming built-in shelf beneath a kitchen window provides a space for two with a view . . .

A glass-topped table is a great workspace with room for storage and display, perfect for your stylish pens and keepsakes.

British girls Lucy and Fiona are behind Malinki, a company that sources French tailors' mannequins, known to be among the finest in the world, and upholsters them in bright florals and vintage silks, as well as bespoke options.























I once saw a glass etching project in a book that looked fantastic, but also a little difficult . . . And being hopelessly short on time these days, I was happy to discover Brume window film, which has an etched glass effect, offers privacy, yet still lets in natural light. You can also customize designs with an inspirational quote or any combination of patterns, numbers, and letters.





























{images 1-3: Living etc.}

12 | notes :

Mamma Millan [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

ooo, what a lovely blog you have!!
So pretty thihgs!!

Millan Sweden

Nay-K [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

aww! the first picture with the storage for shoes and handbags is so beautiful!!! great idea!

Melissa @ The Inspired Room [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I missed a few posts while I was out shopping! :-)

I love the idea of using pretty shoes and clutches and clothing items for display. That is so me. I love everyday stuff that is pretty, books, dishes, etc. that make a room lovely without trying so hard. And storing those shoes in that cabinet is genius.

And that film on the window is great!

xoxo

coco [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

the second room is pure style
great post

Rare Autumn [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

i own that desk! and it's just pure wonderful!

i really really love the idea of library storage for beautiful shoes and bags - i have something similar at home, but it hasn't felt quite right and that image just clarified it for me! thank you :)

i really love your blog and think it's incredibly beautiful and inspiring - mentioned it a while ago on my blog...

girl meets glamour [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

how stunning is that mannequin!!

~Kate

Nicole [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I want that desk! Is this the same one I saw in the Ikea catalog a few months back? I almost purchased it but got a deal on the Mason desk from Williams and Sonoma Home. Great blog btw...you are on my "Daily Reads" list. Thx, nicole

Easy and Elegant Life [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Hello TIG, Great post. I do love that desk. Mrs. E. and I have used a lawyer's bookcase as display space for my collection of 50's silver rimmed Rosenthal glasses and my cocktail paraphernalia in the bar. It would work beautifully in a walk in closet or dressing room as shown!

Carolina Eclectic [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

The window w/ the etched address is so fun! Love the idea.

Claudia [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love that idea - the shoes in the cabinet!! It occurs to me that I may need to start eyeing my father-in-law's cabinets - he was an attorney and has a bunch of those... hmmm.... :-)

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Thanks, Mamma Millan, glad you’ve found your way here :)

Thanks, Rare Autumn—lovely of you to say, and I will stop by your blog right now to have a look at your mention . . .

Nicole—it may well be the same desk, although I’ll have to check—it’s from a story in Living etc.

Hello Elegant! Your lawyer’s bookcase display sounds really lovely (as do your Rosenthal glasses)—definitely a great idea. The steel library case I saw was much taller than the one pictured here, and I could really see the storage possibilities.

Pigtown-Design [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I have all of my cashmere sweaters stored in my library or barrister's bookcases. It looks like a funky rainbow.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in to say hello -- it's lovely to hear from you!

j u s t a f e w t h i n g s
Please note that due to the inordinate amount of spam, comments with links to other sites may not be published; all self-promotion & promotions of give-aways on other sites will not be published; additionally, please include your blog address in the box provided, and not in the body of your comment.

Thank you xo