This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thisisglamorous.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

31.3.08

{the gallery effect}

{Photography by Bjarni B. Jacobsen for Livingetc.}

Recently, P. {dashing as ever in Versace} and I had the chance to attend a gallery opening for a well-known British artist, and while we were sipping our wine and admiring the work in the bright and lovely gallery space, remembered how wonderful art looks against a clean, white background . . .

{via Homes & Gardens}

{via absolutely beautiful things}

{via emmas designblogg}

{via timfalle on flickr}

{via carolina eclectic}

{via Livingetc.}

{via andyland}

{photography by debi treloar}

{via house t0 home}

{via More Ways to Waste Time}

{a brick wall was exposed and painted white to add character, and a collection of art from Cornwall hangs above a vintage Tulip table and chairs; Livingetc., photography by Penny Wincer}

{via andyland}

{via Homes & Gardens}

{via Livingetc.}

{via decor8}

{via house to home}

{via design*sponge}

{via Livingetc., photography by Sharyn Cairns}

24 | notes :

Jennifer Ramos [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

this is one of the nicest posts ive ever seen, Wow... loved it. YOu always have such amazing shots..


Jen Ramos
'100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards'
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

Yoli [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Girl that rocks! Absolutely beautiful, my bedroom is all white and I know exactly the impact that art makes on the white walls. However, these photos puts my poor little bedroom to shame. Such incredible imagination.

Melissa @ The Inspired Room [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I am big white (more creamy white) wall lover (and in fact, I have a post on this topic that is all set to publish. I might have to steal, I mean borrow, some of your great shots!!). I just got back from a consultation with someone and I helped her to choose a white for her walls to make her art pop and her furnishings take center stage. I can't wait to see how it turns out. I don't always choose white but sometimes it is just the purest, best choice!

Lovely post, I my visit as always! :-) Bff. xo

Jen (MahaloFashion) [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Oh that is so gorgeous, your lucky to get to go to the opening.
I saved some of your pictures as inspiration for my apartment, hope you don't mind!!!

x

All Things Bright and Beautiful... [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Glamorous

- you totally crack me up - I'm smiling away - what a lovely post to wake up to and I love the

"P - (dashing as always in Versace)"

- I think you two are TOTALLY made for each other by the sound of it - you forgot to say "and me in Philip Lim and Manhalo's!!"

Alya [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I agree.. Thats why galleries are most likely to have white walls. To put the focus on the paintings.

Alya
www.pomegranateandpatchouli.blogspot.com

Kari & Kijsa [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful, eye-candy filled post! the artwork just pops in white!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

cally [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

i'm drooling already and i've only looked at this one post of yours! but then it was the perfect post for me, the girl who paints everything white (inc tv, computer, stereo) so that art and fabric have the main focus in the house.

it's lovely to see it herer in so many forms, like having all my favourite pages from several magazines open at the same time.

thanks for putting together such a lovely collection of beautiful rooms. it helps make up for this being the first time in 20 years that i won't have elle deco uk popping through my door! oh woe, but it was so full of ads and houses that looked like hotel rooms i got irritated... i wanted soul and personality, and in this post you've shown more than elle deco has in 2 years.

SwankLighting [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Glamorous... These photos are HOT. I couldn't help but notice in photo 14 from the top, those beautiful American hand blown glass lamps from Tracy Glover. You know me and my fondness for blown glass lamps. Tracy Glover is an American treasure. For those who are interested here is a link to her website.

http://www.tracygloverstudio.com/

Ed
swanklighting

Mallinkowa [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Really like gallery, but I like it.

girl meets glamour [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

These are all perfect examples you've found...I think it's really easy to screw up a great piece of artwork by placing it wrong, either scale-wise or simply in the wrong setting...great post!!

~Kate

emily@designsmack [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Oooh, I love seeing how people arrange their art and bric-a-brac. So cool!

mandco [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Oh I soo agree! Art + White Walls = Perfect! Thanks for this truly inspirational post, I really want to rearrange the art in our home now to make the most of them.

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Felicity, I love that you’re such a romantic!

Cally, you’re pretty much my favourite person at the moment—thanks so much for such a great comment.

Ed, lovely to hear from you again! Great eye—thanks for pointing out the Tracy Glover lamps and the link to her site and beautiful work.

Thanks, everyone, for taking the time to leave such thoughtful comments, especially Jen {made by girl}, who made my day with such a nice first comment!

Alkemie [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful and inspiring post! Great selection of photos and rooms - I love the broad range and diversity.

annechovie [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I completely agree, Roseline. White IS the best background. Some great examples here.

SimplyGrove [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Great choices of rooms! I love when art is used in a right way and you seemed to have found the right pictures!

my little apartment [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

great post!!

Carolina Eclectic [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

When I was younger, I didn't like the white gallery wall, but now I love it. Thanks for including me in such a lovely collection.

Joanna Goddard [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

LOVE this round-up. i really love these shots and am going to add a few to my inspiration journal. you have a great way of looking at things and bringing photos together. xo

LauraB [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I loved it as much as the 20 people above me :) Makes me think that you can really achieve something great even if renting...Great compilation.

Anonymous [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Whenever I visit your site, I always feel like I've been on a mini holiday. Thank you for a most pleasant experience!

Paris Hotel Boutique [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

GORGEOUS post!!

SyntheticElegance [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Ahhh! Awesome crazy artwork

*drools*

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in to say hello -- it's lovely to hear from you!

j u s t a f e w t h i n g s
Please note that due to the inordinate amount of spam, comments with links to other sites may not be published; all self-promotion & promotions of give-aways on other sites will not be published; additionally, please include your blog address in the box provided, and not in the body of your comment.

Thank you xo