This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thisisglamorous.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

12.8.08

{elegant gray}

{lover - Madison March 2008 - Ginsberg Blazer, (Birdseye) + Tuxedo Shirtdress; image has been artfully cropped for this post}

Definitely beginning to warm to the elegant gray in the living room, and there seems to be a sexy, smoky cast on everything, replacing the stark, bright eggshell that used to grace the walls.

Adore wearing gray, yet have never been surrounded by its sophisticated hues until now, had never seen the way Venetian glass mirrors sparkle against so luxurious a backdrop . . .

{via vintage lifestyle on flickr}

{lordship park}

{rodarte}

{photography by polly wreford}

{studio ilse}

{via honeypieLiving on flickr}

{Cookie magazine via sfgirlbybay}

{vincent leroux}

{warren smith via be the change}

{photo by wanderlusting muse via cachemire&soie + apartment34}

{photography by polly wreford}

{aquascutum advert via fashion addict}

40 | notes :

Chelsea [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Gorgeous post! I want a hanging chair in my living room!

The Lil Bee [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

OMG each is more glorious than the next. The Rodarte...the hanging glass shade in the Polly Wreford image...those RUFFLES! And I loved that one pop of color with the yellow shoes.

One of each, please!

JuliaFuentez [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

preciousss

Relyn [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Gorgeous, gorgeous inspiring post. Don't you just adore Honeypieliving?

Patricia Gray [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Loving your gray images!

.vanessa [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

these are all amazing =)

SimplyGrove [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

This is my favorite post that you have ever done!!! Everything is gorgeous that you posted!!!

Fabulously Lizy [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

fabulous post. Love the photos with the mirrors and the fireplaces.

LOVE the pop of color in the shot with the yellow platform heels! So cute.

Alie Suvelor [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates
This comment has been removed by the author.
Songy [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I think I found my ultimate visual candy blog. brilliantly charming.

Carlene [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Another beautiful post!

(I can't find that first image on the Lover web site, though...can you tell me where it is?)

Fashion Addict [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

There's something about gray that has a soothing effect in the house and I love all these pictures! Great post.

erin [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful images! I have a gray living room and I love it!

please sir [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Love your selection of gray - the pop of yellow is amazing too!

Carolina Eclectic [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Oh, I love gray! Especially w/ yellow. The second photo of the cafe is so haunting.

Julia [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

These are mesmerizing picks! I love the drawer of silverware!

Joanna Goddard [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

REALLY gorgeous -- love the rodarte xo

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Hello everyone! As always, thanks for taking the time to say hello.

Bee – currently obsessed with Rodarte – the behind-the-scenes shots are stunning.

Relyn – honeypie is fantastic

Simplygrove – thank you!

Alie, Songy – nice to have you visit.

Carlene – check the press section, then Madison magazine, March 2008 – {have cropped the original shot}

littlebyRD [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

goodness - I have been loving gray lately and this post just sent me over the moon! Beautiful!

Classic style in city [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I agree with the other ones..lovely grey images..

Johanne [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

beautiful pics! I have the chair that is hanging from the ceiling, in the 6th picture, in my garden btw. It's so comfy!

la la Lovely [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I def have gray on the brain too, in fact just did a post on it yesterday so I am LOVING this post and the incorporation of fashion- gray gorgeousness!
Trina xx

GrumpyAngel [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful! I love gray, although not quite brave enough yet to put it on my wall. I love all the pics.

Paris Hotel Boutique [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Gorgeous post! The pictures are amazing. Now I'm disappointed that I didn't paint our office a darker shade of gray like some of the photos!

I've been eye-balling a gray suit and now you've convinced me!

Carlene [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Merci!

Dana [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

These pics are soooo sexy!!!

cybill [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Well, you've sold me!! I like a colour that doesn't instantly appeal, that needs to seep into your subconscious and take hold. Grey is complex, I like that.

Bronwyn [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

This is a very stunning round-up. I'm also loving grey at the moment, I've been really liking all the grey in the Fall 08 collections. I love the look in the pic with the grey pants and yellow sandals - gorgeous contrast and so styllish and elegant too.

amy kathryn [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

lovely.

Easy and Elegant Life [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Incredibly elegant and very good for the creative, TIG. Good for you. Sophisticated surroundings can do nothing but good.

mandco [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

This post is just gorgeous! I love it all, and those yellow shoes are divine!

Dulcette. [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I'm not a fan of gray, I love color too much! But these photographs are lovely! Wow, I can actually say gray looks great ♥.

x

Miss G* [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Living room's pictures look like peacefull, that's why I like that colour. Your picture's choice is still so beautiful.

Paris Hotel Boutique [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I've been staring at the gal's watch in the first photo of Madison March 2008. Any idea who makes it? thanks, Lynn

franki durbin [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

these images make drab grey look exciting. Love that pop of yellow on the shoes... fantastic!

cmoi [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Having just returned from vacation, I wanted to save special time catching up on my favorite blogs. You have not disappointed me! Gray was the choice of color for my home years ago and I can't imagine going back to any other color. If I may suggest...ivory and antique silver are excellent color accessories for those inspired by this post.

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Cmoi -- such a lovely thing to say -- thank you :)

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Paris Hotel Boutique -- will look into the watch :)

Jiovanni [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

thanks for highlighting such a beautiful color. its neutral quality, its blend of stark opposities, its sheer beauty whether on walls or cloth.

thevintagechair [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Oh these are FANTASTIC! I love that second one. Depressing and somehow beautiful... Thanks so much for sharing! I'm definitely going to add some of these to my collection!

love your blog, by the way! I always look forward to reading it!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in to say hello -- it's lovely to hear from you!

j u s t a f e w t h i n g s
Please note that due to the inordinate amount of spam, comments with links to other sites may not be published; all self-promotion & promotions of give-aways on other sites will not be published; additionally, please include your blog address in the box provided, and not in the body of your comment.

Thank you xo