This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thisisglamorous.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

29.10.08

{inspiration: shoes for display}

Came across this charming apartment on a garden square in Bayswater, London that uses antique display cases for shoes and have always loved this storage solution.

It reminded me of an earlier post of a place {below} that used
beautiful library storage as a sophisticated display case for shoes and clutches that were simply too pretty to hide away . . .

{see also:}
>
random inspiration
> another great shoe storage solution

{images: 1 - apartment living by Caroline Clifton-Mogg, photography by Winfried Heinze; 2 - tearsheet from a back issue of livingetc. originally posted on February 27, 2008}

46 | notes :

cybill [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Oh I love this display, of course one would need worthy shoes before one put them in such a fine display cabinet. I must start my collection immediately!!

juliette c. [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

It is a very revolutionary, and still stylish, idea!

Songy [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

That's an idea. However, How many cabinets do I need to buy?... decisions decisions..lovely look at though.

All Things Bright and Beautiful... [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Dear G - beeeautiful post
tho just wanted to let you know - your link doesn't work

Hugs bug

FXOX

Jozette [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

What a fun way to display the shoes. I wish I had room in my bedroom for that type of storage. Those are beautiful pieces of furniture!

diamondsinchampagne [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I just love that idea, I believe my shoes and bags are pieces of art. It's nice to show them off when you arn't wearing them.

please sir [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I LOVE THIS IDEA! I've seen a close-up of a similar idea, but I love seeing it all together - perfection!

Ms Unreliable [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Such a beautiful idea. I must start working on training my significant other to accept decorating ideas such as these.

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Hello everyone! Happy Wednesday, and thanks for stopping in to say hello.

Felicity – thanks so much for letting me know about the link – fixed now :)

xo

That Girl Designs [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Now this is a great idea. Can be seen, but no dust!

thevintagechair [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

what a beautiful way to display accessories!! However, I'd be spending WAY too much on cabinets because I have WAY too many shoes and bags! ha! have a great week!

LindsB [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love this! Using shoes as art, this is great for people who live in a city and lack storage space. Now off to start my expensive/pretty shoe collection that I can display too :)

ZenadiaDesign [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

This is so perfect! My family has a good collection of those display cases like those and now I know what I can do with them when I eventually get them. =) That is, if I have enough great accessories to stock them with.

Nikki [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

What a beautiful cabinets! Turning your shoes and bags into art is a great idea.. I wish I had room for a cabinet like this in my room.

High-Heeled Foot in the door [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love this idea. Now I just need to get some worthwhile shoes to display in such a case. Lovely.

Chloe's Chic Conception [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

This is honestly the BEST idea I have ever seen!!! My San Francisco apartment definitely does not have enough closet space for all of my shoes - and this just may be the perfect solution :)

Laura [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

What a fab idea; love it!! :)

E. L. Fay [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Hmmm. . . I don't know. Great for a boutique, but I'm not really feeling it as a home decorating idea. Definitely creative though.

MJ [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Makes for such a liveable showroom, I like it!

Megan [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love this idea! Thank you!

Tilda B. Hervé [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

ohhh wow! i have to redesign my shoe storage system.... just wonderful!!

dolcechic [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Such a great display case! I'm really loving the last photo :)

Laura Ingalls Gunn [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

This is absolutely brilliant!

Bonbon Oiseau [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

hmmmm...very crafty.

Bonbon Oiseau [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

ooo...tricky...and lovely.

i.d. [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I am storing this idea for when I build my dream house! :)

AnastasiaC [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

how wonderful! beautiful display and great storage too!!

thrilled by the thought [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I never would have thought to do something like this!

Sanctuary [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Lovely! There was a Swedish apartment featured in the Swedish Elle Interiör, where similarly she displayed her gorgeous array of shoes in black glass cabinets, it was stunning! I don't think I've commented here before, but I truly enjoy you blog, you have a great sense of style!

Sophie in East Anglia [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Ah yes. I used to do this when I was single - I had shelves and shelves of beautiful shoes and handbags, and a spectacular dress hanging grom the high ceiling like a sculpture.

Somehow I just can't enthuse my husband about htis style of decorating, and they're all in boxes instead. Sigh.

tracey [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I remember a cabinet like this in my mom's home, filled with dusty dentist's manuals and textbooks (my father's). So, now I am feeling nostalgic and wishing I had the creativeness to have figured this out, before she threw everything away! I LOVE this look - but I'm not sure my target and kmart shoes, my havannah slipslops, fluffy bunny slippers and smelly sneakers would have quite the same wow factor! Thanks for a great blog.

My Place of Peace [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

just found you today...love the idea of displaying shoes and purses in a beautiful display case...
Look forward to checking back!

dolcechic [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

how did i not see the yankees hat up top? i love it even more now :)

SHILL [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

lovely way to display!!!

Julia [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love, love, love this idea! What a great showcase!

erinfmcclain.com [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I really love this. What a great way to display the shoes and bags. The hats up top are a nice touch too!

::{J}:: [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Wow! So gorgeous!

Classic Style in City [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

oh wow..what a great idea !!! ..must try to do some similar..I have a lot of shoes...and I LOOOVE SHOES::*smile*

Alya [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I've always thought that there are some shoes and bags that are so pretty to be hidden in a closet! They should be displayed like jewels!

.vanessa [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

i LOVE the rug on the floor in the last photo and the display case is beautiful too!

la la Lovely [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Love this.. what a great way to display beautiful shoes in a beautiful cabinet!

nikole [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

oh, these are the best cabinets

Jiovanni [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

now that woman is just asking for someone to take her shoes. lol cool look but not the most practical to me.

Josephines Jewellery [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Wow what a fab site with great ideas! Josephines Jewellery loves it!!!!

Lynne [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Oh, lovely! I'm afraid I don't have the luxury of so much space (or suitably beautiful shoes) to display them in such a way, but they are gorgeous x

Maureen [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

great idea! And I think I could use the idea.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in to say hello -- it's lovely to hear from you!

j u s t a f e w t h i n g s
Please note that due to the inordinate amount of spam, comments with links to other sites may not be published; all self-promotion & promotions of give-aways on other sites will not be published; additionally, please include your blog address in the box provided, and not in the body of your comment.

Thank you xo