This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thisisglamorous.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

10.11.08

{and then there was paris}


. . . recent thoughts about love and favourite things has led to paris, or at least, the memory of it . . .

and here, a few photographs from the summer, taken between walks along the narrow, cobblestone streets, shopping on the left bank, and fresh baguettes and warm cups of café au lait . . .











{and to p, my top five favourite memories:}
* serenade by a mariachi band on the métro
* champagne in the gardens of versailles
* dinner at the top of le centre de pompidou when the twinkling lights of la tour eiffel blazed their last for another night
* listening to you order éclairs in french from the local patisseries
* hand in hand along the seine

{all images by {this is glamorous} june 2008}

42 | notes :

juliette c. [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I stayed in Paris two weeks in the past August (as part of my honeymoon) and it was the best holidays than never!!! The mood in Paris, the mood of the street, of the bar lettering, the mood of the air was magic. I started thinking about my new born blog exactely there. There inspiration is everywhere!

Patricia Gray [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

What wonderful pictures and memories you must have to go along with them.

milly (elephants&redwoods) [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Paris is a blast! Thanks for sharing.. I LOVE THE ORSAY!

Megan [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

that first photo of the chandelier is the most gorgeous thing i have ever seen. i am envious.

nadia [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

these is nothing like it! beautfiul photographs!

Dallas Shaw [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I took similar photos in london and am going to post. I am thinking about maybe making notes of them...

Paris Atelier [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Oh Paris! What I wouldn't do to be there right now! Thank you for such a beatiful post! You brought back many delicious memories for me! Have a beautiful day!
Judith~

Jozette [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Oh, how I love Paris. I studied in France (the south of France) and visited Paris twice when I was there. It's about time I went back.

ZenadiaDesign [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

That chandelier is stunning, as is this post, which has given me an even bigger desire to visit Paris!

Lauren K [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love that door. I found bright colored doors every where in Europe, especially Ireland. I would love to call one the entrance to my home. Lovely post and pictures.

ms. shoo [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Nicely captured fotos, makes me long to go back to Paris . . . soon!

Vintage+Chic [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Incredible shots! Love them all.

The Lil Bee [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Oh, what a sweet sentiment! You really are poetic, my dear. And these photos, wow...I have been dreaming of going back to France since the day I came back. So so gorgeous!

dolcechic [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

You were serenaded my a mariachi band in Paris? If so, I am buying my ticket NOW! I adore your photos :)

please sir [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

So lovely...looks like an amazing trip.

London Girl [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Paris is such a beautiful, inspiring place isn't it? My favourite activity is wandering the market and art galleries in Montmarte. Thanks for your gorgeous blog.

I *Heart* You [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

that blue door is the perfect shade of blue. i adore it.

thrilled by the thought [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

So beautiful...I wish I was there as well.

diamondsinchampagne [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

That first photograph had me staring at it for 5 mins, I wish I could have such a beautiful ceiling and chandelier.
Ah how I wish I could visit Paris, the top city on my places to visit.

i.d. [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

That chandelier is stunning!!!

I really really really want to visit Paris; these pictures make me want to go even more...

Courtney [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful photos; it looks like a wonderful trip. And the first photo with the chandelier is so stunning- wow!

Trixy Tran [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Gorgeous photos! I've never been to Paris, but I'd love to visit someday! And maybe live there (:

Carla [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

lovely photos of Paris. I have just returned from Australia and Paris is at its best. So beautiful and mysterious. Great post. Carla x

SHILL [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

every one of them equals perfection!!! my fave would be, the menu with light on top and blue door...you're making me daydream again :)

Songy [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

my heart aches every time I see pictures of Paris. it wasn't long time ago when I was just living there as a 'Parisian'. One day I shall return.

katie mae [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

sigh.

i love paris.

it's just magical.

*i think if you've been to paris, you forever miss it.

shilvia [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

i love this post of yours...everything is so beautiful :)

Pamela Terry and Edward [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Lovely tour. Paris always reminds me that more is more!

.vanessa [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

amazing photos! definatly my dream place to visit!!

girlontheave [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

those are some really beautiful photos of paris. makes me wanna go there even more:) i've just started reading your blog recently and i'm gonna link it to mine!

Ms Unreliable [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I haven't been to Paris in years, but some day, somehow, it will be my home. Now just to learn a little French!

breathing in the dreaming world [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

this reminds me how much i loved living in paris...

Easy and Elegant Life [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Here's to the Pont Neuf, Mrs. E.'s favourite bridge and all the walks in between!

Yes, we will always have Paris. What luck...

Miss Ookpik [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

You sure captured some lovely vignette of Paris!

Wana [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

paris is truly beautiful! even down to the loaves and slices of bread...hmmmm..
*sniffles*.
have to be there soonest!

Ms Shallow [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Fantastic pictures. I really like all the ornaments on frames (and the one in the ceiling).

An Atlanta Bride [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Thank you for "taking me there" with these fab photos!!

grenadine [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Lovely lovely photos... makes me want to move ASAP to Paris.

la la Lovely [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I have been dreaming of Paris today.. thanks for the fix!!!!!
x Trina

Classic Style in City [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

thanks you for the picures..so lovely..I remember Paris like yesterday...have a great weekend
marie

photohogger [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

This is great! Love your images - planning a trip there end of July so this is helpful and getting me really excited! Curious, where did you have dinner at the top of le Centre De Pompidou? I'd love to do the same! Please send me an email photohogger@gmail.com - thanks!

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

photohogger -- oh my goodness! saw your comment perhaps a little too late?

the restaurant is called place georges

Address : Place Georges Pompidou, 4th arrondissement

To Get to the Restaurant: Take the escalators or elevator from the second floor of the Cenre Pompidou Forum (main hall). Reserve ahead for dinner: you may not be allowed up otherwise.

Metro: Rambuteau or Hotel de Ville (Line 11); Les Halles (Line 4)

RER: Chatelet-Les-Halles (Line A)

Bus: Lines 38, 21, 29, 47, 58, 69, 70, 72, 74, 75, 76, 81, 85, 96

Parking: Rue Beaubourg Underpass

Phone: 33 (0)144 78 47 99

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in to say hello -- it's lovely to hear from you!

j u s t a f e w t h i n g s
Please note that due to the inordinate amount of spam, comments with links to other sites may not be published; all self-promotion & promotions of give-aways on other sites will not be published; additionally, please include your blog address in the box provided, and not in the body of your comment.

Thank you xo