This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thisisglamorous.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

18.12.08

{beautifully intricate}

Always many wonderful things happening in art, and as with Karen Knorr's Fables of Nature & Culture, which was a great pleasure to view in Paris last summer, am completely inspired by these beautifully delicate works . . .

Playfully light and lovely watercolour illustrations {above} by Christina Drejenstam. {via creative archive}

Amazingly intricate and beautiful paper designs {above & below} by London-based Russian graphic designer Yulia Brodskaya.

{via today and tomorrow
}

28 | notes :

Tara Diane [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

pretties :). I really like the paper curling art, mostly because I tried to do it and realized it's a little harder than it looks, which gave me a lot more respect for it, heh.

Rhia [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

That paper art is so pretty. I have seen it before somewhere. Amazing what you can do with just a stripes of paper!

visonariessince87 [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love the third one!

Regardez Moi [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love the third one, too. They are all gorgeous.

Miss G* [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

The second one is so beautiful! You should have one "This is Glamorous"!

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Miss G* -- what a completely fantastic idea :)

i'm Carrie, lovely to meet you… [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

holy moly...Yulia's paper art is amazing!!

Michelle [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Ohhh,I love this, so intricate.

breathing in the dreaming world [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Amazing work, esp. the last one.

franki durbin [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

You know... I look at creative work like that and realize I'm lacking the patience gene. Those are so intricate. Amazing. I adore the white on white one with wording. Very sophisticated.

dolcechic [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Gorgeous! I love the third one!!!

E [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I absolutely love paper designs, I find them so fascinating. I end up just sitting at them and staring trying to figure out how on earth people create such amazing things.

Azure Islands Designs [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Lovely paper designs...

Just found your blog...it is wonderful...will check back!
Cheers

Megan [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

this is amazing. the colors in that last one are just gorgeous!

Velvet and Linen [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

So pretty and feminine.
I love the first watercolor.

xo
Brooke

cmoi [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Amazing post. So gorgeous. I always enjoy visiting your blog, so inspirational.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

[J] [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Gasp! These are AMAZING! I might have to just stare at these for a few minutes, excuse me...

Ms Unreliable [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I'm so excited that quilling is cool again (if it ever was)! Might have to dig out all my quilling supplies :D

Caroline @ Absolutely Unique [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

omg, I adore the second one! Can't believe is just paper!
Hope you have a merry, merry weekend, darling!
xoxo

Tina [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

the paper designs are so delicate and beautiful!

Dallas Shaw [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

ooooOOOOooh. love these

dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

A Day That Is Dessert [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

That last image is so beautiful! There is a shop here in Seattle that has a couple of curtains made entirely of cut paper like that - apparently the paper is treated with something to preserve it. If I had a space where it would go I would have bought one in a heartbeat!

kat [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I adored the second one so much I had to post about it!

The Lil Bee [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

That top one is so chic! And the second is achingly beautiful. Actually, I love all three. Happy weekend

archivingfashion [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love paper art, but I've never been quite good at it... that last, one, however, is stunning. I wonder how much time that took....

Aurine [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

The paper art is fabulous, whoever had the patience and skill to do it is amazing !!!

cybill [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Thanks for bringing these to my attention! That first image is exquisite, and the other two - wow, just wow.

Jiovanni [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Jesus! Where do you find this gorgeous stuff!? I don't know if I can take so much pretty at once! ;)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in to say hello -- it's lovely to hear from you!

j u s t a f e w t h i n g s
Please note that due to the inordinate amount of spam, comments with links to other sites may not be published; all self-promotion & promotions of give-aways on other sites will not be published; additionally, please include your blog address in the box provided, and not in the body of your comment.

Thank you xo