This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thisisglamorous.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

27.2.09

{the scent of lilacs}

Can think of fewer things more relaxing at the moment than a cozy weekend in a French country cottage by the ocean, the mist of saltwater intermingled with the scent of deep purple lilacs . . .

{some things:}
* lovely, lovely to be on
Pia's list of blog favourites
* rose gold earrings give-away continues below

{images: both better homes and gardens, 2 also via apartment therapy chicago}

35 | notes :

Dallas Shaw [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

pretty, I just picked up a bunch of old glass jars for spring. This top photo makes me want to use them today!

dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com

[J] [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Those lavender lilacs make me crave Summer even more!!

Romantic Pansy [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

beautiful color, i love it! :D spring is coming!

Betsy [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

My grandmother used to have a very big bush of those flowers in the backyard, hanging over the garage. So beautiful and they smell so wonderful! I long for spring...

Have a lovely weekend.

Love, Betsy.

Amber [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Damn, now I hate my house. This is so lovely.

Daniella [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Ok, seriously... this may sound weird but everything you post I love! lol. So pretty!

Millie [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love, love lilacs. Makes me miss living in a place where they grow, no lilacs here in the desert.

Caroline @ Absolutely Unique [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

The deep purple lilacs photo is SO beautiful! And the bedroom looks so inviting! Purple lilac is my favorite color.
Have a wonderful, relaxing weekend!
xoxo

Blue Muse [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

While we have the sea air, Lilacs, sadly, aren't something we have around here - they are so beautiful and they remind me so much of my grandmother's house back east, though - very good, wonderful memories when I see that photo - thank you for that!
Happy Weekend!
xo Isa

Suzanne [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I know everyone will think I'm insane for saying this but I actually can't stand the scent of lilacs... however I think they are one of the most beautiful flowers!

Tina [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

a weekend away in a French country cottage by the ocean sounds amazing! especially if i get to stay in a place as pretty as this one :)

chelsea [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Oh boy!This is right up my alley.

Sarah Arkanoff [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Refreshing! I can almost smell the lilacs, and hear the ocean...

-Sarah

http://misstrixiesfavoritethings.blogspot.com

diamondsinchampagne [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Love the colour lilac and especially love the smell of the gorgeous flower!

Trixy Tran [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

The first photo is so beautiful. I can just imagine the fragrance and beauty of it.

A Day That Is Dessert [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love, love lilacs - the smell, the color...

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Draffin Bears [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Very pretty vase of lilac and I enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog.
thank you.

Have a great weekend
Carolyn

Bostonista [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love those colors for bedrooms. That first picture looks like spring to me! lovely lovely.

The Curio Keeper [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Thank you so much for the lilacs. Some of my earliest memories are lilac-scented, and even a picture of the tiny flowers is enough for me to remember their lovely smell.

Mademoisselle Chic [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I agree :)

citysage [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

The scent of lilacs is one of my faves---they are always in bloom around my birthday and my mom would sneak into people's yards and trim big bouquets to have in the house when I woke up on the big day---such a happy memory smell!

MJ [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I am closing my eyes and wishing i was there!

Elizabeth [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

that room is so lovely!

Cali Girl [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

i love lilacs.. they remind me of both of my grandmas. pics are so pretty too.

alice [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I am in visual heaven here at your blog... you have some of the most beautiful photographs posted!

Laura [What I Like] [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I am dying for spring to arrive...there are signs of it everywhere...these lilacs are a prime example. God they are gorgeous!

Belle [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Mmm Lilacs ♥

The Stylish Copywriter [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

A perfect room in the perfect seaside cottage!

Joanna Goddard [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

that bedroom looks SO inviting.

A Gift Wrapped Life [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I used to carry armfuls to my mom that were borrowed from the trees lining alleyways in our neighborhood. She never asked where I got thme and I never told!
Lilacs evoke special mmeories.

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Daniella – not at all – just the opposite, actually, and thank you!

Millie, Blue Muse, The Curio Keeper, Cali Girl, A Gift Wrapped Life – so many of us have such wonderful memories of lilacs – there is something quite special about these tiny flowers and their heady, wonderful fragrance . . .

citysage – what a fantastic thing to wake up to! Your mother sounds lovely :)

Alice – thank you!

Hope everyone is having a great first week of March. As always, thank you for taking the time to say hello :)

xo

AnastasiaC [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

i adore these images!! i recently did a post on my favourite shade - purple!! love it!

decortherapia [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Such an inspiring post. Love your blog!! Cheers from Buenos Aires!!

Kelsey [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I can't wait for lilacs to bloom. Even if only for a few short weeks.

Diane [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Just seeing those lovely lilac colors makes me happy

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in to say hello -- it's lovely to hear from you!

j u s t a f e w t h i n g s
Please note that due to the inordinate amount of spam, comments with links to other sites may not be published; all self-promotion & promotions of give-aways on other sites will not be published; additionally, please include your blog address in the box provided, and not in the body of your comment.

Thank you xo