This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thisisglamorous.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

22.2.08

{spring things}

{3.1 Phillip Lim Citron silk pleated Grecian dress with boned bodice; Mimi Holliday by Damaris lace bra; Jimmy Choo yellow patent leather sandals}

While memories of Valentine's Day still linger, Spring is around the corner and I'm dreaming of canary yellow and the promise of warm breezes . . .

{via desire to inspire}

{grange ad campaign}

{photography by James Merrell for Martha Stewart Living}

{Miu Miu Floral Carved Sandals}

24 | notes :

Joanna Goddard [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

if i were a color forecaster (did you know there actually is such a thing?!:) i would say yellow.

these photos are gorgeous. love that first dress xo

platinum blonde [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I've been DYING to get my hands on that Phillip Lim dress, I've posted about it at least twice...it consumes my thoughts. I have a feeling those Miu Miu pumps will have the same effect on me...OH NO...I'm obsessed! :)


Everyone could use a little yellow in their home...wardrobe or otherwise.

suzannemarques [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

i love yellow. i tore that sheet with the yellow chair, fireplace and chandelier out of some shelter magazine not too long ago...
it's so warm and cozy!

ALL THE BEST [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love yellow! It's such a happy color and that Phillip Lim dress is wonderful!!

Claudia [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Oh my, this post got me aching for Spring, but alas, in CT, the ground still has snow!

Alkemie [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I LOVE Phillip Lim dresses. This is a great selection! I was never a yellow fan but it appeals more to me now.

psilovethis [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Love the citrus-y loveliness of yellow. I plan to add more of that color to my spring wardrobe.

Ashley L. [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

oh that yellow dress in the first picture is stunning! i love it so much! this is such a great post! thank you for sharing!

Carolina Eclectic [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful yellow!

I am giving you the "You make my Day" award. More info. on my blog.

Easy and Elegant Life [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

That Phillip Lim dress, et. al is very Marilyn Monroe to me. Which is a very good thing, in my book. Glamorous, indeed.

Funny, my yellow grenadine tie is the first one I pull off the rack when Spring hits.

annechovie [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love the theme of this post! You have inspired me to add more yellow somewhere. That dress is amazing - yellow enhances a tan, too. Love everything about it...am crazy about that Grecian look.

Paloma [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Love the Philip Lim dress! Yellow is definitely the new black.

All Things Bright and Beautiful... [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Gorgeous post glamorous :-)

Me? I love the dress in the Desire to inspire picture and your shoe fetish makes me smile :-) :-) :-)

Caitlin [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

everything is so gorgeous! i can't wait for spring. and those shoes...wow do i wish i had $550 lying around!

girl meets glamour [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I can't wait for spring and I can break out all my yellow things!!

~Kate

Jessie Cacciola [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

wow those heels mean business!
- Jessie -

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Thanks, everyone, for all the great comments--I can see I'm not the only one whose fallen in love with that Phillip Lim dress.

Joanna, funny you should mention Colour Forecasters--I've also been intrigued by that profession.

Carolina, thanks so much!

Felicity, welcome back--glad you had such a wonderful trip :)

Chelsea [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Yummy yellows! Great photos.

s. [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Yup. Ever since Reese Witherspoon wore that yellow dress (paired with scarlet sandals and lipstick) a few years back, canary has been on the rise. I think Kelly W. has been a major booster for the colour and I hope we'll see it trickle down to the more affordable retailers soon. If colour forecasters wanted to be "on it," they'd have had to predict it about 5 years ago...

That being said, I love LOVE this post! Thanks for giving us a jolt of springtime when the ground (at least where I am) is still thick with snow.

Anonymous [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

And when you're not wearing those Miu Miu shoes, you can set them up on a shelf and just admire them as art!

Vie Chaotique [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Love it even though I don't like yellow!

SimplyGrove [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love your blog!!! I am a daily reader and receive so much inspiration from you!! All of your work is beautiful!!!

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Simplygrove, thank you so much--you're lovely for taking the time to leave such a nice comment, and I'm so happy you're enjoying reading this blog.

Meg [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Loving all the yellow! It's such a happy color! :)

www.meg-land.blogspot.com

xx

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in to say hello -- it's lovely to hear from you!

j u s t a f e w t h i n g s
Please note that due to the inordinate amount of spam, comments with links to other sites may not be published; all self-promotion & promotions of give-aways on other sites will not be published; additionally, please include your blog address in the box provided, and not in the body of your comment.

Thank you xo