This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thisisglamorous.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

30.7.09

{two lovely things: gold + geometric}

Always drawn to gold in interiors, especially in geometric patterns such as this beautiful wood and metal shelf {above} and hand-forged gueridon table with gold gilding {below}, perfectly matched with a swing-arm sconce and brass shade . . .

{images: 1 - phoebe howard via pink wallpaper; 2 - photography by gemma comas for domino magazine january/february 2006; table, distant origin; sconce, ralph lauren home}

28 | notes :

Kristen Sara [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I don't wear gold... silver for me. But I enjoy gold in decorating...

The Lil Bee [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

You have so gotten me onto a gold kick lately, and I love it! I could really use some gold accents in our front room, which is turning out to be somewhat safari-esque.

Allie [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Wow I love these geometric/gold things lately, especially that desk a few posts back? Insane.

Jaime [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Stunning bookshelf- I'd like to have those books too!

Marie Cole [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love decorating in gold accents as well, these are quite lovely!

Chic Coles (Cole Design) [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I Love that greek key bookcase! That would make any interior look amazing!

FabBlab [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Gorg bookshelf. I love gold, aussi :)

Electro Geisha [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

i totally agree with you. just recently have discovered gold once again, and i enjoy it! in jewellery, design, clothes or interiors...

p.s. i gave you an award :)

Monica [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

These pictures are gorgeous.

Tee [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love gold and the colors in that room with the pink art are gorgeous! Isn't it funny how things are coming back. I can remember that kind of gold shelving in my parents and grandparents home as a kid :)

Nikki - - Monomestile - - [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

This is so beautiful..but I'm wondering if someone like me could pull it off. Everywhere in my house is hardwood floor and I've never seen gold furniture anywhere but on carpet. Do you think it would blend in and look...cheap if it was on hardwood? Is there any way I could get around that?

Style and Noise [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love all things gold! That bedside table is seriously amazing.

xoxo
Alexandra

CreativeActivity - Sandra [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Lovely pictures! Gold can be quite beautiful in decorating if its handle with style and of course glamour...;-)

cassandra @ coco+kelley [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

oh, i LOVE them both, but that second gold table is fantastic! i've never seen it in that shape!!

A Gift Wrapped Life [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

It's lovely to see something in gold tones for a change. I love silver but think a mix is much more interesting. At least I hope so as I have both. great etegere.

A Life More Fabulous [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

That book case is just gorgeous! This post is beautiful. I've been drawn to gilded accents for some time now - my bedroom is done is creamy neutrals with gold.

Mademoisselle Chic [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

i love the bookcase! :)

Become a Mademoiselle Chic blog Facebook fan! :) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mademoiselle-Chic-blog/109062878858?ref=search

captivate me. [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Wow, that bookcase is GORGEOUS!! I've bookmarked this post so I can stare at it now and again. :-)

Happy friday!

LindsB [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I LOVE that shelf, its stunning!! I want one of my own now :)

kiss me quick [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

beautiful ^^

michaela [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful bookcase. It feels both solid and airy at the same time; minimal, but slightly more.... glamorous. Perfect.

Michaela
www.thegardenerseden.com

Velvet and Linen [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Love the finish and the geometric details of those shelves.
I have to save that one for my inspiration file!
Happy Weekend.

xo
Brooke

Anne @ The City Sage [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

That second pic is one of the loveliest I've seen in awhile--never seen it before, and don't know how I could have missed it, Domino fan that I am! The combination of the graphic gold with the embroidered pinks and purples of the bedroom is SUBLIME!

Hope you have a lovely week with plans for a fabulous weekend :) xo!

Ilana [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I've been having an obsession with gold! Love it!

And love your blog!

http://lavieenroseetmimosa.blogspot.com/

Bostonista [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Oh goodness that bedside table is making me drool and I normally don't even like gold! ah! perfect though!

Julie [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Love that side table and I love love gold for interiors also for personal accessories.

Dana Cordova [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

This table could be the answer to my space-saving bedside table issue, thank you!

TERI REES WANG [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Ugh!..These remind me of the beautiful old brass-bamboo, twin-set of shelves just like these, that I let the estate sell out from under me.

The women you claimed them made an extreme score, and I know she has been enjoying them well.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in to say hello -- it's lovely to hear from you!

j u s t a f e w t h i n g s
Please note that due to the inordinate amount of spam, comments with links to other sites may not be published; all self-promotion & promotions of give-aways on other sites will not be published; additionally, please include your blog address in the box provided, and not in the body of your comment.

Thank you xo