This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thisisglamorous.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

3.7.10

{décor inspiration: balloon shades}




. . . whether always elegant silk or sumptuous velvet, billowing, pooled, or luxuriously layered, curtains & shades always add a layer of texture, depth and style to a space, and ever since rita konig's neo-english manhattan bedroom and hamish bowles' parisian grande hallway/drawing gallery {center}, have fallen for the elegant ruching of balloon shades, their romantic, old-world charm and the sense of grandeur they lend to any room . . .

{images: 1 - domino magazine via iffer's little nest; 2 - a previous post; 3 - country living}

25 | notes :

A Gift Wrapped Life [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

They never seem to go out of style unlike other window treatment styles........must be that ball gown vibe they have going on. These are positively wearable. XO

Cara [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

i am totally in love with this look! Especially in bathrooms :)
<33

SBG [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love that couch bed in the the bathroom of that first picture. so summery and beautiful!

sarissweetlife.blogspot.com

Carpe Diem [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love these balloon shades...Shabby Chic sells a version of these for Target. However...custom balloon shades look the best.

Stacey [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Balloon shades are totally timeless. Love the ones featured here.

Rachel {Inspiration in Italy} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I paused for a moment on each photo, and pictured myself walking in them with a glamourous outfit on....so much beauty here. Thank you for leaving me dreaming today as always!


Rachel

Mary Nevin [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

balloon shades are so chic! love the photos!!

this free bird [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

picture #2 is gorgeous beyond gorgeous - shades and all!

Hannah [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

i love the balloon shades, they never go out of style!

check out my blog:
http://sparklesmileandshine.blogspot.com/

The Neo-Traditionalist [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Hamish and Rita in one post?! I think I've gone to heaven! Love these shades---so girly and yet perfectly elegant.

xx Katie

Liz [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

So gorgeous. They remind me of an long and elegant gown.

Hope you are doing well love.

oxox ^-^

Marcus Design [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

So love these! All the images are lovely, and the balloon shades add such a glamorous touch. I also love the chevron pattern in the first photo! Sort a modern touch in an otherwise traditional room.
Nancy

Simone - honeyandfizz [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love the colours in the first picture. So calming:)

Julia [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

ohhhh beautiful! I love how the pictures you chose are each so different - at first I didn't even notice the balloon shades tying them all together...!

love your blog by the way, I have been reading for about a year now and never comment (as I am always reading at work and the comment box is blocked so unfortunately I cannot contribute to the discussion!) but I just wanted to let you know how when I am having a terrible day in a cubicle under fluorescent lighting I can always count on your wonderful posts to lift my spirits! Cannot thank you enough :)

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

carpe diem -- hadn't thought about rachel ashwell/shabby chic -- her version would be lovely!

rachel – always, always adore your visits – thanks so much xo

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

julia – am completely touched by the warmth and thoughtfulness of your lovely, lovely comment – thanks so much! you definitely made up for not having commented before with this one :)

thanks again & wishing you a beautiful rest of the week,
roséline
xo

Scorpion Disco [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I hope one day I can have a house as beautiful as any of the photos your hunt down and post. Have you ever posted pictures of rooms in your own home? I'd be interested to see how you personally got inspired by the rooms you share with us.

Cheers,
Renata

scorpiondisco.blogspot.com

Hamptontoes [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Just found your blog...it's nice! I love the shades and that first photo is amazing. The room in the first image is soothing...not sure what I would want to do first in the room...take a bath, look out the window, read a magazine on the settee or brush my teeth at the fabulous sink area!

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

scorpion disco – perhaps one day :)

hamptontoes – always lovely to have new visitors – welcome! and thanks for taking a moment to say hello

xo

Project Shannon [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love balloon shades. I have been looking for the right window dressing for my dining room - and I think of a set of these would fit the bill. Thanks for the inspiration photos!

Islandia Lane [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

that second picture is part of my dream home ::sigh::

D&D [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

hello chevron floor. please be mine.

Allison - Simply Beautiful World [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Simply fabulous! I think I need these! :)

Lindsay With An "A" [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I just love these dreamy images!! As always, you blog inspires me!

http://lindsaylovesitall.blogspot.com

Jane Flanagan [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I'm crazy about these too Rita Konig put some in her bedroom also and I'm dying to do the same!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in to say hello -- it's lovely to hear from you!

j u s t a f e w t h i n g s
Please note that due to the inordinate amount of spam, comments with links to other sites may not be published; all self-promotion & promotions of give-aways on other sites will not be published; additionally, please include your blog address in the box provided, and not in the body of your comment.

Thank you xo