This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thisisglamorous.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

22.11.10

{holiday inspiration: gold flatware}

linea-gold-flatware

... after a weekend spent on cozy velvet cushions in front of the fireplace, dinner reservations and shopping, and a countryside dinner party on sunday evening {homemade french onion soup and chicken & bacon pies} things are beginning to feel wonderfully festive . . . and since have been on the topic of tabletop inspiration, could not think of anything more beautiful for the holidays
than gold flatware {although must confess, adore gold any time of year}, and am positively smitten with the italian-made brushed gold linea ice oro five piece setting {above} and the insanely elegant and ultra-stylish midas golden cutlery set {below} from the conran shop . . .


ms-sequins

{p.s.} the fun & festive napkin holders were created from strings of sequins & paillettes wrapped around styrofoam spheres

{image: 1 - gretel via apartment therapy; 2 - iphone photo by this is glamorous, photography by pia ulin for martha stewart living december 2010}

25 | notes :

coutureandcupcakes [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

LOVE the gold flatware. You are right - it is so festive.

Tobe @ Two Tall Blondes [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

those napkin holders kill!

Little Pink Rain Boots [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

This would be great for a new years tablescape

{av} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I may have to make some of those napkin holders for this holiday season...they're divine!

Deanna Pai [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I never ever would've thought of gold flatware, but it looks gorgeous!

this free bird [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I have got to get on those sequin napkin holders. Look out! Fun is on the way!

xo,
carrie

Splendid Sass [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Just beautiful! Love, love it!
Have a nice evening.
Teresa

Sarah Klassen [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Just beautiful! I would absolutely love some. Great find, Roséline.

/

Also, who can resist Fifi? There are so many sweet prints... I would like one for Christmas, but cannot choose!

Have a great Monday,
xoxo

Andrea @ Andrea Reh [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love the napkins tied with glittery sequin balls. I've convinced my mother to let me do Thanksgiving here at my house, even though I live in New Zealand - mainly so I can cook that American Thanksgiving staple, sweet potatoes and marshmallows - but also an excuse for some festive table dressing!

Inspiring as always.

Andrea x
andreareh.blogspot.com

Cassi [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

My MIL gave my husband and me a complete set of gold flatware in a super-heavy velvet-lined wooden chest a few years ago that we break out for holiday gatherings. The gold adds so much life to the table!

Heather [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

i do like the gold flatware. so decadent! perfect for the holiday!

lindsay marie [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

love the gold. my grandma had some exactly like that we would use at christmas.

A Gift Wrapped Life [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Clever napkin rings, can I do them? XO

Linkcreations [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

ooooooh so pretty.

Lissa @ After Adornment [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love the look of gold flatware! Someday I hope to have a set that I can whip out when the atmosphere calls for it.

Tabitha [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Perfect , off to order the first set

Rachel {Inspiration in Italy} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Hello love,

How absolutely perfect for the holidays, and actually for any lovely dinner party! I am so drawn to the look of these pretty and unique gold sets. Oh and how wonderful a countryside dinner party sounds, as well as french onion soup...one of my favourites!

I hope you are having a fantastic week!

Rachel

Cari-Jane Hakes [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

gold and sparkles .... I say, what is NOT to like about that?

mydesignchic [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Oh my...just the flatware I need for my Christmas Eve dinner party...so festive!!

Connie @ SogniESorrisi [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I was JUST thinking yesterday that I would love to locate some reasonably priced gold flatware.

classiq [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love festive ideas!

Luciane From HomeBunch.com [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

You're a "GONDEN GIRL". :-)

Gorgeous & Chic!


Luciane at HomeBunch.com

Ms. Givens [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful. I dont think I have ever seen gold flatwear in real life.

Jessica @JessaMae Photography [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

ridiculously, fabulously gorgeous! I'm also loving those sequin napkin rings! I definitely *need* those ;)

Naomi [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

The gold flatware is the perfect addition to a collection. So clean and gorgeous.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in to say hello -- it's lovely to hear from you!

j u s t a f e w t h i n g s
Please note that due to the inordinate amount of spam, comments with links to other sites may not be published; all self-promotion & promotions of give-aways on other sites will not be published; additionally, please include your blog address in the box provided, and not in the body of your comment.

Thank you xo