This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thisisglamorous.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

23.11.10

{storage inspiration: on display}

lets-go-out-tonight-hed
sequins-in-the-closet

papered-closet

"There is no formula for glamour. It combines shimmer and charisma. It's elusive but you know it when you see it."

- Mary McDonald, from Mary McDonald Interiors



. . . if you have been reading for a while, you will know about a love for placing beautiful things on display at home -- from perfume collections to elegant peeptoes, some things are far too lovely to stow away, and now, with the holidays fast and happily approaching, wardrobes are overflowing with ruffles and sequins and quite adore the idea of displaying shimmery cocktail dresses and alluring evening gowns on a clothing rack {another wonderful example here}, or in a perfectly stylish corner, set up, charmingly, with scarves and hatboxes, like a favourite shop . . .

{images & quote via belle maison one & two}

20 | notes :

Rachael [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Beautiful!! Love all of the sequins!

www.rachaeldiab.blogspot.com

Ms_SyllyBee [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

love these and the cupcakes and cashmere post, too! i need to get my own clothing rack.

i love the holidays especially because you get to be a bit more glamorous and it's sort of natural.

beautiful blog.

i wander, i wonder

ThE fAsHiOn WoRsHiPeR [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I agree, I love hanging sequin & shimmery pieces out because let's face it, they were meant to be seen ;)

XoXo-Kelli K
http://thefashionworshiper.blogspot.com

Cari-Jane Hakes [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

and even if you can't always go out....one can ALWAYS dress for dinner!

Nicola [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love this, beautiful!:) x

www.golden-indigo.blogspot.com

annawithlove [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

The second closet photo is stunning! What beautiful wallpaper! xo

www.annawithlove.com

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Probably all big girls feel a bit of the little girl come out when facing a closet of glamorous clothes to try on and the possiblity of trying on outfit after outfit to see how it looks in the mirror. That first photo makes me feel that way. What glamorous, sparkly fun that would be!

quintessence [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I ADORE Mary's style. And her designs are so versatile and layered. You can look at them again and again and always find something new! The book is a definite keeper!!

s a m [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I so agree.I always like to leave my prettier things out (like the little details you see in interior magazines which help you get to know the person that lives there)

Rock'n Roll Ballerina [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

So true about displaying beautiful things. I love it! :)

I am following you on google connect, what about you:)

{av} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

As a former retail sales girl, my heart burst with excitement when I saw this post. I just wish I had the space to showcase my goodies this way--one day!

Gorgeous blog--xoxo {av}
http://longdistanceloving.blogspot.com

Daily Cup of Couture [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Just absolutely LOVE this idea! You have completely inspired me my darling.

xo,
dCc

Andrea @ Andrea Reh [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Roseline, your photos of beautiful storage solutions have always been my favourite. I will save these away for one day when I have my own house - and perhaps for future use on my own blog.

Andrea x
andreareh.blogspot.com

Little Pink Rain Boots [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I like the idea of setting up a display of clothing in a corner like a boutique, it would be unique and chic.

jane [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

sequins and glitter make everything better :)

the lil bee [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

LOVE this, R! So special.

Sarah {Raving Fashionista} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I couldn't agree more! I've been wanting a garment rack for years now!! I already keep my heels on display on bookshelves, and have hanging racks on the outside of my closet double doors, but I still LOVE the idea of a separate spot for some of my really glamourous pieces. If only I had the space to put one! ;)

I'm giving away some gorgeous heels over on my blog, feel free to stop by and enter! :)

xo www.RavingFashionista.com

THE CRAFT [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

What pretty things!!

The Craft
http://thecraftiswhatyoumakeit.blogspot.com/

FashionBookmark [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love looking at other peoples dressing rooms. I have one myself, and i love looking for fresh ideas.

www.fashionbookmark.blogspot.com

todi bear [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

it's great idea! So beautiful photos.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in to say hello -- it's lovely to hear from you!

j u s t a f e w t h i n g s
Please note that due to the inordinate amount of spam, comments with links to other sites may not be published; all self-promotion & promotions of give-aways on other sites will not be published; additionally, please include your blog address in the box provided, and not in the body of your comment.

Thank you xo