This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thisisglamorous.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

19.11.10

{travel inspiration: brussels, belgium}

enchanted-afternoons-hed
PJB_brussels3

. . . curiously, one place have never considered when making travel plans is brussels, and yet, {despite its cool, rainy days}, the age-old, utterly romantic and beautifully ornate architecture, climbing vines, intricate balconies and enchanting grey skies beckon . . .

PJB_brussels7
PJB_brussels2
PJB_brussels8
PJB_brussels6
PJB_brussels1

{p.s.} more travel inspiration:
* boutique hotel, sweden
* madrid, spain
* paris, france
* new york, new york
* chateau la durantie, southwest france
* bella italia
* paris, london, italy, new york

{photography by pia jane bijkerk}

13 | notes :

Rachel {Inspiration in Italy} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I absolutely adore discovering new places and this looks like a place I would LOVE to explore!

How incredibly charming...

xo
Rachel

Debby [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

It looks stunning. Another place added to my bucket list! Have a great weekend. xo

fxox [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Lovely photos Pia ( if you happen to be reading this) !

They do seriously delicious pralines, that's what I love about Brussels:-)

C [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Hoping to catch a eurostar there in December and maybe spend 2 days in Antwerp along the way! Crossing my fingers, haven't made the final bookings yet but I'm already looking forward to some mussels!

quintessence [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

What beautiful pictures!! I had an old boyfriend who had lived there and loved it - evidently the food is amazing!

Lauren [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Love! So beautiful.

I've recently been blogging pics about my trip to Italy and one reader complained it has nothing to do with decorating your home. For me though, I find inspiration from everything abroad! I love looking at architecture and the atmosphere around me in foreign countries and taking that feel back home with me.

Plus Italy is beyond gorgeous:
http://www.styleathome.com/blog/tag/travel/

annawithlove [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Ou, these are really beautiful.
Makes me want to go!
Thanks for sharing :)
xo

http://www.annawithlove.com

Deanna [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Oh, I love Brussels so much. The best moment when I was there was listening to violinists play the Hungarian Dance on the street corner one night. Absolutely magical.

Little Pink Rain Boots [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Looks like a very interesting place. I would love to visit there some time and take in their architecture.

the modern day atelier [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I studied abroad there this summer and had an amazing time! It was a great base too- perfect location for weekend trips to other cities and countries. Absolutely stunning architecture-Make sure to check out the Horta Museum, the house of architect Victor Horta known for his Art Nouveau style. It was truly stunning! Definitely plan on making a day trip to Bruges! Best chocolate of my life!

The only negatives I would have to say are 1. the locals tend not to be very friendly and 2. While it is an amazing city I wouldn't plan on spending more than 5 days there (unless you are using Brussels as your base). You could pretty much experience it all in less than a week.

Hope you get a chance to visit!

Natalie [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Ohhh, I am going there over New Year's! These pictures make it look like a dream. Do you know where that photo with the mini-tunnel is located?

Andrea @ Andrea Reh [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I have always wanted to go to Belgium - and with your love for all things French, Roseline, I am surprised that you hadn't yet thought of it! The language, the waffles, the architecture...

Andrea x
andreareh.blogspot.com

Olga -mescapricesbelges [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I'm from Barcelona but I live in Brussels since four years ago.Next month we'll move to Barcelona, and one of the things I'll miss from Brussels is this bohemian square. Have u stay in the Marché aux puces?People sell a lot of old and lovely furniture.
Nice pictures!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in to say hello -- it's lovely to hear from you!

j u s t a f e w t h i n g s
Please note that due to the inordinate amount of spam, comments with links to other sites may not be published; all self-promotion & promotions of give-aways on other sites will not be published; additionally, please include your blog address in the box provided, and not in the body of your comment.

Thank you xo