This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.thisisglamorous.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

31.5.11

{places: at the gallery}

a-love-affair-hed
art-gallery

gallery1

gallery2

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time."
~ Thomas Merton


......................................................................................................

. . . a very favourite thing to do while travelling {or anytime, really}, is to while away endless beautiful hours wandering the echoing halls of museums and art galleries, breathing in the history and marveling at each brush stoke -- monet, renoir, pissaro and degas -- so much so, that once even braved the crowds of tourists at the louvre in paris one winter's day, even catching a mesmerising glimpse of mona lisa's mysterious smile . . . there is just something so magical about being enveloped in such stunning creativity . . .

{p.s.} a favourite is the musée d'orsay

......................................................................................................

{images: le portillon via the inspiration board; art institute of chicago, photography by thomas struth via flickr; lazareva valeria via julia}

26 | notes :

Splendid Sass [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love the work of Degas.
Beautiful post.
Teresa
xoxo

thrillofthechaise.com [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

As crazy as the Louvre can be...there is something so amazing about walking through and all of a sudden being in a room in front of a painting the size of your house. Epic.

Kate

www.thrillofthechaise.com

Rachel {Da Paura ♥} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

.... always amazes me how you can speak my language... there is just something so regal and mesmerising about taking in the brilliance of artists from such earlier times. It is simply awe-inspiring. I adore that you braved the crowds to see mona lisa, that is something so special and I'm sure you will never forget! In Rome, we always made sure to appreciate the canvas of art surrounding us each day.

Simply adore this post, Roséline. Thank you.
xo
Rachel

meenal @ maison marigold [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

On our trip to Paris last october we spent a whole day at the louvre..its amazing how one can lose track of time while looking at all the magnificent art created by the masters..its a beautiful post today and a lovely quote..have a wonderful day rosaline..xx meenal

jj [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

mmm, beautifully put together. this is why i love going to ucla. the getty, lacma and so many other places where i can just lose myself in beauty.

Will @ Bright.Bazaar [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I could do with a little quite art gallery time. Thank you for reminding me. xo

Alice [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I whole-heartedly agree with that quote and what you say. It's almost a spiritual experience, I find it so nurturing. Gosh, thanks for reminding me! I ought to get to a museum or gallery soon.

Just a Silhouette

classiq [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Visiting the art galleries is a must whenever I visit a new city. Renoir and Degas are two of my favourite artists. :)Ada

Chapstick Fanatic [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

love the louvre but i prefer musee d'orsay. it is not the museum most people know about but it a great collection.

http://lachapstickfanatique.blogspot.com

jillian :: cornflake dreams. [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

just lovely. i need to visit the art institute sometime soon. xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

www.timetochange.over-blog.com [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Oh the Louvre! I always love how we hear the people making pictures of the Mona Liza even before we can see her... It always makes me laugh!

Lilly [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Musee d'orsay is wonderful!! The British Museum & Tate Modern are pretty wonderful too (and the list goes on and on:). I, too love visiting museums while traveling. As a matter of fact, they are always at the top of my to-do list when I visit place. I feel renewed, refreshed, and inspired after being around beautiful art and even ancient artifacts. Oh to be spending the day wandering around a museum!! xo

Monica from Hola!design [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I haven't been to a museum in a long time! I have no excuses, I live 30 min from NYC....my favorite museum here is the MOMA...
Beautiful post!

Tamara, Bella Boho [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Museums are amazing!

Mrs. C [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Love the DegsS!


www.mrscapretta.com
Recipes Fahion Marriage

Alexa [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I totally agree...remember doing just that in Paris. It was delightful!
alexa
www.theshortandthesweetofit.com

Molliee [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

love going to see art... but don't do it enough! I am inspired to go around my home now!

http://mstwirlyskirts.com

November Grey [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I'm in love with this post. Love. xx

Ette [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Just had my favorite painting turned into a print!!!
john william waterhouse is timeless
xoxo

Peace & love
oxo, ETTE

WWW.THRIFTEDKARMA.COM

Ette [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Just had my favorite painting turned into a print!!!
john william waterhouse is timeless
xoxo

Peace & love
oxo, ETTE

WWW.THRIFTEDKARMA.COM

Andrea Reh [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I love love love the Musee d'Orsay. I was in Paris for only one week and I managed to go there twice (and brought back a huge poster of Degas' Danseuses en Bleues which I am saving up for when I can one day afford to put it in a lovely over-the-top gilt frame).

Andrea x

Jane Flanagan [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

The Musee d'Orsay is one of my all-time favourites. I love these pictures!

Jaime @ La vie...J'aime [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

musee d'orsay is my fave museum too :)

Anonymous [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

Can you please tell me who the first painting is by? It looks so familiar, but I can't place the artist and its killing me...Thanks!

{this is glamorous} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

anonymous -- hate when that happens :) and yes, of course -- it's by Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec

x

{Lacy::Dawn} [Reply] said... Best Blogger Tips [Reply to comment] Best Blogger Templates

I know that this is extremely random.. but what font is used on the words "a love affair?" I am in need of something like that!
Just recently found your blog - and I'm hooked. It's wonderful!
Lacy

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping in to say hello -- it's lovely to hear from you!

j u s t a f e w t h i n g s
Please note that due to the inordinate amount of spam, comments with links to other sites may not be published; all self-promotion & promotions of give-aways on other sites will not be published; additionally, please include your blog address in the box provided, and not in the body of your comment.

Thank you xo